Soul of the Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul of the Shinobi

A Naruto Roleplaying Game. This RPG is based on the actual Naruto Series, but several generations in the future when the Original Characters are mere Legends.

HomeChatLatest imagesRedirectRegisterLog in

Tori Hitonomi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tori Hitonomi

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Character Info
Character's Name: Tori Hitonomi
Appearance: Tori Hitonomi wears a scarlet cloth around his head that covers the lower part of his face, hiding his face from the cheekbones down to his neck. Underneath this mask are a rather hideous set of ten scars that start at the cheekbones and go down all the way to his jawline, five for each cheek. His skin tone is fairly white, with very little tanning. Other than his scars, Tori's skin is mostly unmarred. His eyes are sky blue, and his hair is short, jet-black, and spiked in every direction. His cheeks are gaunt, and his temples are hollow, making him appear almost phantom-like. His eyebrows are very thin and the same color as his hair.

In addition to the cloth covering the lower half of Tori's face, he also wears a scarlet robe that is normally fastened up to hide Tori's fairly weak body. The scarlet robe also has a large Konohagakure symbol on the back in white, to make the symbol of his allegiance more obvious. The cloth covering Tori's face bears the actual Konohagakure forehead protector over his mouth. Under the scarlet robe, Tori wears a typical black undershirt on his torso and scarlet red leggings that cover his legs entirely. On his feet, Tori wears plain black ninja shoes. At about waist-level at Tori's hips are two vertically placed scrolls, both of them about a foot long and three inches thick, and a third one across his back at waist level, placed horizontally, that is about a foot thick and three feet long. These are meant to hold his puppets.
* Height: 5'8"
* Weight: 100 lbs.
* Eyes: Sky blue.
* Hair: Short, jet black, spiky style.
* Body Type: Lean and thin, little muscle mass or tone.
Personality: Tori Hitonomi is extremely anti-social, especially around women. He is particularly scared of women with long nails, and generally freezes up in complete terror at the first sight of one. He also does not get along well with most men, and he becomes fairly nervous in the presence of medic nin, as he associates pain with their healing palm jutsu.

In battle, Tori generally tries to stay as far away from the opponent as possible and lets his puppets do all the fighting. If cornered without his puppets, however, Tori will almost certainly give up fighting the opponent and will instead surrender in order to keep his life. Despite sticking to this strategy often, he will occasionally deviate from this in order to get the upper hand on his opponent.

On a mission, Tori is by himself, for the most part. He is also cowardly, however, and will often feel the need to quit if he realizes that the mission might be very difficult. The Hokage would likely feel very annoyed at this behavior, but Tori would rather deal with an angry Hokage than a deadly enemy ninja. Tori might even abandon his own teammates and the mission altogether in order to escape safely, making him quite a liability.
Nindo:(Optional)
Extra Info:(Optional)

The Shinobi
Origin: Konohagakure
Ninja Rank: Genin
Hidden Village: Konohagakure
Clan: N/A
Kekkei Genkai: N/A
Elemental Affinity: Katon

The Background
History: Birth and Childhood Arc: Tori was born from two retired Kirigakure ninja who were mostly unknown to the world outside of Kirigakure. Within the village, they were normally held in high regard, and they managed to reach the rank of Special Jounin before they had retired. Due to this fair amount of anonymity, the two had managed to retire from service without dying first.
Tori himself was born during a monsoon. While some people have thought this was an omen of some sort, Tori had a normal childhood. He lived with his parents and played ninja with the other children, just like everyone else. Although the other children occasionally poked fun at Tori's older parents, the young boy would laugh with the rest of them.

Academy Arc: After a few years of just playing at being ninja, Tori became curious about what it would be like to be an actual ninja. And so Tori joined the Kirigakure Academy. Although the young boy didn't do well in most of the tests, he did show himself to have a bit of a knack for puppetry, as shown when he managed to take momentary control of one of the training dummies just long enough to make it fall over. Upon this discovery, Tori's academy teacher had pushed the young boy harder to train puppetry and to become better at that particular ninja art. Although it took Tori a little longer than most due to puppetry seeming to be his only known talent, the young boy did manage to graduate, albeit near the bottom of his grade.

Genin Arc: Soon after Tori was given his genin rank, he upgraded his puppet to more closely resemble his mother and to hold more weapons. He was also put into a squad of two genin and a jounin teacher, like most other genin. Though Tori did not grow close to either the jounin teacher nor the other male genin teammate, he did find that he enjoyed the companion of the kunoichi. The two would often train with each other late into the night, and Tori found her to be a very talented ninja. He was also intrigued to learn that she was almost as naturally curious as he was, though she was more cautious, which Tori often teased her about in a playful manner. As the two genin spent more time together, Tori found himself falling for the kunoichi, completely oblivious to the fact that the girl was already in an arranged marriage with the other male genin. This led to a rift in the team that would never be breached. Regardless, the jounin eventually entered all three genin in his team in the Chuunin Exams, hoping that the difficult tests would force the three to work together.

Instead, the rift only worsened, especially when Tori was forced to fight the other male genin in the final test of the Chuunin Exams. Showing no remorse, Tori defeated and killed his own teammate despite the attempt by the jounin teacher to halt the unnecessary killing, but he had not made it in time to save the young boy. It wasn't until after the bout that the kunoichi told him about the arranged marriage and how the girl had loved the now-dead genin. This sudden confession of love the kunoichi held for the other young boy caused Tori to become enraged, and in his grief and anger, Tori attacked the kunoichi without thinking. This was when the genin found out that the kunoichi had secretly been training a forbidden jutsu that could make her long nails that Tori had so often admired become as sharp as knives, and that the wounds made by these nails would become extremely difficult to heal. Although the kunoichi had given Tori a set of scars that would forever mark him a traitor, the genin believed that he had managed to kill her with his puppet, using a blade stabbed through her neck. What Tori did not know was that he had only caused her to pass out by striking a specific set of nerves. Unbeknownst to him, the kunoichi had been healed by the medic team and almost immediately left the village to become a rogue ninja.

Despite the fact that he had supposedly killed both of his teammates, Tori went unpunished. It was ruled that when Tori killed his kunoichi teammate, it had been in self-defense. With no witnesses able to testify against Tori's lies about the kunoichi attacking first, the genin was guiltless in the eyes of the law. Tori, however, feels a great deal of remorse for killing the girl he loved. In addition, the genin was not only physically scarred, but also mentally scarred by the event, and has since had a great fear of women, especially those with long fingernails, and the Chuunin Exams themselves.

Although he had managed to kill his teammate, the other boy had shown more courage and willpower, and Tori Hitonomi had not been chosen among those who became Chuunin. After this final crushing blow, he further changes his puppet to resemble his former kunoichi teammate, as he still believed her to be dead from the stab to her neck, and he would talk to the puppet much like he had once talked to his female teammate.

Skills and Abilities
Advanced Skills:
* Ninjutsu: 0
* Genjutsu: 0
* Taijutsu: 0
* Kenjutsu: 0
* Weapons Master: 0
* Puppetry: 5
* Fuuinjutsu: 0
* Ijutsu: 0

Unique Abilities:
* Major: Inventor: Starts with a single custom puppet:

Spoiler:
* Major: One-handed Seals: Allows the ninja with this Ability to perform seals with only one hand instead of both. This does not allow the ninja to perform two different sets of handseals if their hands are free.
* Minor: Photographic Memory: Tori Hitonomi is able to memorize an image or event and review this event as though he were looking at a photograph.
* Minor: Poison Apprentice: Allows the owner of this Ability to create low-grade poisons and anti-venom (the poisons are unable to kill, paralyze, or cause the opponent to fall asleep, and the effects must end within three posts. The type of poison must be approved first.)
Weaknesses:
* Major: Fear of Women, Medic Nin, and long nails: Unable to fight against women, medic nin, or someone with particularly long nails. If he sees any of these kinds of ninja that are ready to fight, Tori will either run away or hide instead of fighting back.
* Minor: Terrible at Taijutsu: unable to learn or use any taijutsu techniques other than a punch or a kick.

Stats:
* Strength: 3
* Constitution: 2
* Stamina: 5
* Dexterity: 11
* Speed: 6
* Intelligence: 2
* Wisdom: 10
* Charisma: 1

Role-play Sample:(Optional)

Last edited by Tori Hitonomi on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cole
SoS Admin
SoS Admin
Cole

Character sheet
Main Characters Name:
Alternative Characters Name:

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:50 am

Okay over all I like the idea behind the character just a few minor details I would like you to fix up.
History:
I would like for you to edit the part about the killing of your male teammate. I am all for killing the teammate just a few of details. One I would like for you to add something about jounin trying to stop you, but were sadly to late; so male teammate dead. It is Konohagakure after all anger killing is frowned upon. Two I would like for your character not to get mad and try to kill your female teammate, but the other way around; for killing her love she tries to kill you fails and gets away becoming a rogue ninja from Konohagakure. The guilt part can be for killing your male teammate. This will leave openings for you to progress the story further and maybe sometime in the future she actually comes back to settle the score. Also lastly some where in the beginning of the Genin Arc I would like you to add how you made your puppets since you will be learning how to operate a puppet.

Unique Abilities:
Major UA (Single Handed Fuuinjutsu Drawing) there is no charge time so this would not help you. So I would suggest reading more on the Fuuinjutsu Rules.

I would suggest taking a Major UA to gain your first puppet. 30,000 ryo should be enough. (Puppet Registration)

Everything else let me know by PM if you have any suggestions or questions.
Back to top Go down
Tori Hitonomi

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 am

Changed the history so that the Jounin tries to intervene, and made it so that Tori thinks that his female teammate is dead when she's actually escaped. Shyamalan plot twist on the horizon! Also included something about how he's changed the puppet over time, but I imagine I should save the details for the puppetry registration.

Changed the Fuuinjutsu Drawing to the puppet, and changed Photographic Memory to something new, too. I was thinking of doing both puppetry and fuuinjutsu, but I should really focus on Puppetry first.

Made my first puppet.
Back to top Go down
Cole
SoS Admin
SoS Admin
Cole

Character sheet
Main Characters Name:

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 am

Well it is going great I like the history now so that is great and glad you decided just to go with puppets now.

Now I only have one issue with this is the Minor UA Greater Puppetry Control That I would consider to be a Major UA.

Also once this is approved post in the puppet registration area your puppet so I can go in and approve it because I like the puppet.

Doing great work just a little more.
Back to top Go down
Tori Hitonomi

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Minor UA is back to Photographic Memory.

I tried to post it up in Puppet Registration at first, but only administrators are allowed to post in that forum..
Back to top Go down
Cole
SoS Admin
SoS Admin
Cole

Character sheet
Main Characters Name:

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Well it looks perfect and since you are one of the first ten members you can gain one free Major and one free minor UA; meaning you can either remove your weaknesses or you can add one major and one minor UA. Once that is done PM me and I will look and more than likely give my stamp of approval.
Back to top Go down
Cole
SoS Admin
SoS Admin
Cole

Character sheet
Main Characters Name:

Tori Hitonomi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tori Hitonomi   Tori Hitonomi EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:07 am

Alright looks great.